Guided Family Adventure Road Trips: May 19th – August 19th
Do you stare longingly at photos of epic mountainscapes, beautiful forests, and gorgeous waterfalls? Do you flip through Lonely Planet or Travel + Leisure Magazine and say, “I wish I could do that?” Do you think of surfing, rock climbing, or mountain biking as hardcore adventure sports or something out of your league? Are you the kind of person who wants to try new things, get outdoors, see amazing places, and feel adventurous but it seems to daunting?
If you think “yes” to any of those things, we’re here to help! First things first, adventure is for everyone. Adventure is not something that is exclusively for intense athletes. Adventure can be experienced at any age, with kids, and at any level.
Adventure requires stepping out of your comfort zone and embracing the elements. It can be intimidating. That’s what the Nomads are here for! Guided (and Healthy) Family Adventure Road Trips is the trip for your family.
Three years ago we left the status quo in order to live a life of full-time family adventure road trips. We’ve been all over the Western U.S and Canada and even did a six month road trip through Europe. We know the ins and outs of what makes a road trip fun and exciting, but most importantly we know how to do it with kids.
We want to help you be adventurous. We will guide you on 7-20 day road trips through some of our favorite adventure destinations this summer, from May 19th – August 19th! We will guide you through activities like hiking, rock climbing, and mountain biking as well as camp cooking, hammock camping, health and wellness, lifestyle habits, and more!
Here are reasons you should join us on one of our family adventure road trips:
- We’ll take you on epic adventures you’re not confident enough to do on your own
- Have the opportunity to connect as a family
- Those adventures will be real adventures in nature, not touristy guided tours
- Get off the beaten path and explore hidden gems, secluded mountains, and amazing forests
- Learn basic rock climbing and mountain biking
- Enjoy delicious healthy meals (Organic, Non GMO, Free Range/Grass Fed)
- On the trip, you will often have two adventure options depending on how adventurous you feel. Your kids can go explore an easier trail with the rest of the young kids while more experienced or more athletic people can go on more strenuous adventures with another group
- Enjoy fun family nights under a sky full of stars with a campfire by your side
- Family jam sessions with a ukulele
- No matter what age your kids, they’ll have an adventure buddy. We have kids ages 7, 9, 13, 17, and 18
- We know the ins and outs of all things outdoors
- We’ll share all of our tips and tricks we’ve learned from experience with adventures
- You don’t have to worry about roughing it. We’ve got you covered on everything from tent setup, to meal prep, to trip planning so you can completely relax and enjoy your adventurous family road trip
All trips include:
- Guided mountain biking, rock climbing, water activities, and hiking by experienced adventurers.
- All necessary climbing gear including climbing shoes, harnesses, helmets, and chalk bags
- All camping gear, except sleeping bags, including tents, sleeping pads, outdoor cooking gear.
- All meals are included. We will cook you delicious, healthy (Organic, Non GMO, and Free Range/Grass Fed whenever possible) homemade meals three times a day
- Private van pickup and drop off at major airports at start and endpoints
- Optional add-on day of boating. We’ll take you inner tubing with the option of teaching you how to waterski, wakeboard, or wakesurf,
- 1 yoga class led by Robyn who is a certified yoga instructor
- 1 boot camp led by Victor who has 20 years of strength training and fitness expertise
- A free, optional 8-week conditioning and fitness course to prep your body for maximum adventure
- Entertainment, a family with five kids is a spectacle to say the least 🙂
Choose your adventure: